Historical Dates

  • January 25, 1925 – First Lutheran service conducted in Salem by Rev. O. Keyle
  • November 22, 1925 – First communion service held
  • June 5, 1927 – First Confirmation held for five students
  • April 22, 1928 – Salem Lutheran Church was officially organized with six voting members
  • October 26, 1941 – Dedication of the original completed church home on the corner of Ohio and Cedar
  • October 9, 1983 – Groundbreaking ceremony for new worship facility on Hawthorn Road
  • October 28, 1984 – Festival of Dedication at 1401 Hawthorn Road
  • October 18, 1992 – Installation of our current pastor, Pastor Doug Meyer